Mobile applications and websites employ multitier architecture. Therefore, an effective and comprehensive testing of mobile apps requires that all aspects of the mobile application also be addressed in a multitier testing approach. LogiGear offers end-to-end mobile testing services to enable you to continuously deliver top quality and performance for your mobile apps:
- Mobile Functional & Compatibility Testing Service
- Mobile Automation & API Integration Testing Service
- Mobile Performance Testing Service
At LogiGear, we’ve realized with our clients that the best mobile quality programs should employ a balanced combination of Test Automation for both UI & API, performance testing, and manual exploratory testing.
LogiGear’s End-to-End Mobile Testing Approach
Mobile Functional & Compatibility Testing Services
Our experienced mobile testers can quickly run functionality and compatibility test cycles to verify the app’s functions perform as designed across devices.
You can provide test cases, or LogiGear can develop test cases, to meet testing requirements. We’ll check everything from basic features, including app installation, navigation, gestures, input functionality and screen resolution to connectivity, data handling, syncing, etc.
- Upon completion of the scope of work, clients will receive a report documenting:
- Tests conducted on each device
- The operating system of each device
- The outcome of the test—pass/fail
- A detailed defect report with screenshots of the failure (when applicable)
We Take Care of the Mobile Device Fragmentation Challenge
Everyone knows that having to constantly buy new devices and managing them can be exhaustive and expensive. We help you take the test device availability challenge out of the equation by:
Mobile Automation Testing & API Testing Services
Successful mobile Test Automation requires expertise and experience–that’s where LogiGear, a Test Automation tool developer, is able to help. We deliver cost effective, highly maintainable, and long term mobile Automation Testing Services with Test Automation solutions for mobile apps/mobile website testing leveraging Selenium/Appium, TestArchitect and Mobile Cloud Services.
Our Services include:
Select the right tooling and define the mobile Test Automation strategy to meet your business and quality objectives.
Design frameworks and on-going test case development for mobile automated UI & API testing using:
Automated UI & API testing with Selenium/Appium and companion open source tools & frameworks such as Rest Assured, Soap UI, etc.
Automated UI & API testing with TestArchitect, a comprehensive codeless Automation solution
Other tools such as HP UFT, TestComplete, Ranorex, etc.
Continuous Testing for Continuous Delivery/DevOps process
Mobile Performance Testing Service
We work with you to design a consumer-focused test plan for load & stress testing that utilizes real world scenarios. The automated performance test suite can be executed within in-house infrastructure or cloud-based environments to ensure:
The backend services that support the mobile app can absorb the high traffic associated with mobile apps
The mobile app is not a “resource hog” by measuring device resources, such as battery, memory, CPU, network…
LogiGear Mobile Testing Services vs. Crowdsourced Testing
Some industry experts will recommend crowdsourced testing for beta testing and localization testing. At LogiGear, we recommend that our clients do a combination of both. We have had a client use LogiGear as their primary mobile testing partner in addition to crowdsource testing, because there are just some things that crowdsourcing can’t cover:
Security and confidentiality. We promise that we’ll safeguard your company’s intellectual property. Learn the specifics of our security policy.
Strong quality engineering skills for successful Test Automation. The “crowd” is simply not equipped with necessary engineering expertise to help you shift-left your test strategy.
Keep your team intact. Unlike crowdsourcing, with LogiGear, your team will stay with you, thereby allowing for their domain knowledge of your business to grow with each iteration.
Ease of communication. With both a US and Offshore location, we can answer your queries on a global and local scale. We won’t be overloading you with tons of trivial bugs. And above all, you always talk to the people you know very well, because the LogiGear team is a part of your integrated team.
S&P 500 Food Processing Enterprise
Client has numerous web apps for their international brands. Each brand can have its own customized version for certain countries. It was a huge effort to get regression testing done. The Automation solution search criteria was that it should not only be able to shorten the test cycles but also highly maintainable in the long-term. Client had a clear objective to shift-left their test strategy: integrate Test Automation into CI tools & processes, which are MS Team Foundation Server, Test Manager, and Jenkins.
- The realistic number of must-have test matrices is already a huge challenge—one set of tests must be able to run on
- Multiple brands sites (core site and its clones)
- Each brand has sites in different countries with different languages and functional customizations
- Cross-browser on Windows, Android, iOS
- Test environments provisioning and Test Automation orchestration
- Conduct a POC to finally select and implement representative test cases using TestArchitect, which has strong mobile Test Automation support and other features that help overcome the challenges
- Use feature ‘Variation’ of TestArchitect to maximize reusability and maintainability
- Use feature VS/TFS/MTM integration of TestArchitect
- Develop CLI tool to orchestrate Test Automation to parallel test runs across configurations
Only one set of automated test cases can run on all possible combinations with minimal maintenance effort. Automation is integrated into the CI process, which allows Client to transform their testing process since Automation can give fast feedback to their dev team to improve the development process as a whole.
S&P 500 Retail Company
Client wanted to have a comprehensive web and mobile testing solution for their online shopping platform. One of the main tasks of the offshore team is to run full regression tests daily for functions, such as Promotion, Email Campaign, Images & Links on multiple combinations of test environments: Chrome/Firefox/Safari/Internet Explorer on Android, iOS, Mac and Windows.
Aggressive Test Automation development as test results must come out daily
Reusability & maintainability across test environment (desktop, mobile)
The device combinations change monthly based on ‘Digital Test Coverage Index’ of Perfecto
Test execution for these AUTs in different country sites
Keep up latest versions of browsers, Android, iOS and devices
Establish a team that has strong expertise in both manual and automated testing
Develop cross-browser and cross-device framework
Daily parallel execute automated test cases on multiple combinations
Continuously optimize scripts to reduce the execution time and stability
New changes are verified and test results have been sent to Client on a daily basis
Automated test cases are compatible across popular OS/Browser combinations (Win, Mac, IE, FF, Chrome, Safari, Android, iOS)
Automated test cases which are able to run regardless of Promotion, Email Campaign for any sites (US, CDA)
Automated test cases are stable
Major Network Carrier in the United States
Client needed QA resources to spearhead post-launch issue resolution for their mobile app used by millions of U.S consumers, along with resources to test SIM provisioning and manage the inventory/distribution of prototype device hardware.
- Multiple mobile app subsystems with different owners and stakeholders
- Lack of best practices for testing SIMs and inventory management
- Incomplete and rudimentary inventory database
- Provided continuous onsite support for Carrier app versions after launch
- Promoted communication between owners/stakeholders of various Carrier app subsystems
- Established best practices for inventory and SIM management
- Improved, corrected, and expanded inventory database
- Achieved application performance initiatives (e.g. 99.99% uptime), leading to steadily increasing customer usage
- Successfully implemented sitemap reporting for deep linking with Marketing campaigns
- Inventory efficiency and provisioning turnaround time improved by 50%